Botox is FDA-approved for smoothing the lines between the brows, often referred to as ‘frown lines’. In skilled hands, Botox can be used to alleviate a variety of other facial concerns, as well reduce excessive sweating. Botox injections work by interrupting the signal sent to the muscle that causes it to contract. In simpler terms, it relaxes the muscles that cause wrinkles.
Botox can be used to rejuvenate the area around the eyes and the forehead. It can also help elevate the outer portion of the brow, for a non-surgical brow lift, and the injectable can even be used, sparingly and carefully, in the lower face for lines around the mouth and lips.
Treatment for Botox is performed by Dr. Nitta in our office and generally takes about twenty minutes. It may take 5 to 10 days for the full effect to be visible and results will last anywhere from 3 to 6 months. We have seen Botox last longer in patients who receive it consistently. We generally advise that you avoid exercise for 24 hours after your treatment.
There are several areas that we treat with BOTOX® Cosmetic:
- Frown lines — Lines between the brows
- Crow’s feet — Wrinkles on sides of eyes that are accentuated by smiling.
- Brow droop — Gently raise the brown to open up eyes and rejuvenate the whole face.
- Platysmal banding — Neck bands that are evident with aging can be dramatically softened.
- Axillary hyperhidrosis — The condition that causes significant embarrassing sweating of the armpit area. This is a highly effective solution to this problem and is widely popular.
To learn more about Botox or other non-surgical options, call our office at (949) 722-6644 to schedule your free consultation with Double-Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Dr. Katharine C. Nitta today!